Cellist of the Orquesta y Coro Nacionales de España (OCNE) and composer.
He was born in Valencia (Spain) in December 1989 and began his musical studies at the age of 4 in CEDAM Academy of Madrid, continuing at the Conservatorio Profesional de Música de Getafe with Mª Nieves Collado. He studied cello with Iagoba Fanlo and composition with J. Medina, A. Romero, M. Seco, Z. de la Cruz, B. Dozza, E. Armenteros and A. Carretero at the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid, where he received in 2011 both BM with honors.
From 2005 to 2011 he studied cello as well with Miguel Jiménez (Principal Cello of the National Spanish Orchestra).
He graduated as a Master of Music degree under the tutelage of Prof. Gregor Horsch (Principal Cello of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam) at the Robert Schumann Hochschule in Düsseldorf (Germany) as well as Soloist Master with honors in the Konzertexam program. Furthermore, he studied with Prof. Gautier Capucon at the “Classe d’Excellence de Violoncelle” – Foundation Louis Vuitton in Paris (France).
He received a Master’s degree in “Musical Creation and Performing” at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid. In addition, he holds a Master in “Music Management” degree and a “Music Industry Management” degree at Universidad Europea Miguel de Cervantes – IGECA.
He has attended improvement workshops and seminars of violoncello with Anner Bylsma, Edgar Gredler, Angel Luis Quintana, Marie Paule Milone, Christopher Vandespar, Dimas Moreno... and performed in masterclasses conducted by Pieter Wispelwey, Jens Peter Maintz, Wen-Sinn Yang, Wolfgang Emanuel Schmidt, Antoaneta Emanuilova, Alexander Bouzlov, Torleif Thedéen, Johannes Krebs, David Strange, Gregor Horsch, Tamás Varga, Nikolaus Trieb, Jérôme Tétard, Asier Polo y el Cuarteto Quiroga. In the field of baroque cello, he has worked with Gaetano Nasillo and Josetxu Obregón (La Ritirata). In composition, instrumentation and orchestration, he has participated in courses with Leonardo Balada, Ertugrul Sevsay, J. Mª Sánchez Verdú, Bernardo Adam Ferrero, Gregory Fritze (Berklee), Andrés Valero-Castells and Ferrer Ferran, and in conducting, he has worked with José Rafael Pascual-Vilaplana and Jan Van der Roost.
As cellist he has played under the baton of conductors such as Gustavo Dudamel, Lutz Köhler, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Gianandrea Noseda, Peter Eötvos, Alondra de la Parra, Lorenzo Viotti, David Afkham, Giancarlo Guerrero, Reinbert de Leeuw, Jac van Steen, Erik Nielsen, Christian Zacharias, Alexander Bloch, Pablo González, Eliahu Inbal, Cristóbal Halftter, Juanjo Mena, Antoni Ros Marbá... in auditoriums and concert halls such as the Carnegie Hall of New York, Symphony Hall of Boston, Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts of Washington DC, Concertgebouw Amsterdam, Auditorio Nacional Música de Madrid, Palau de la Música de Valencia, Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía de Valencia, Palau de la Música Catalana de Barcelona, Fundación Gubelkian Lisboa, Konzerthaus am Gendarmenmarkt Berlin, Kölner Philharmonie, Filharmonia Narodowa Warsau, Emirates Palace of Abu Dhabi, Tokyo International Forum, Royal Opera House Muscat, etc.
He has been Assistant Principal Cellist of the Orquesta Sinfónica de Bilbao (BOS) between 2015-2019, academist of the Mahler Chamber Orchestra (MCO) and the Düsseldorfer Symphoniker, member of the European Union Youth Orchestra (EUYO), Iberoamerican Youth Orchestra (OJI), conducted by Gustavo Dudamel, and member and principal cello of the National Spain Youth Orchestra (JONDE), the Netherlands Jugend Orchestra (NJO) and the Generalitat Valenciana Youth Orchestra (JOGV).
He has collaborated with the Mahler Chamber Orchestra (MCO), Duisburger Philharmoniker, Orquesta Sinfónica de Tenerife, Beethoven Orchester Bonn, Kammeroper Köln, Düsseldorfer Symphoniker, Orquesta de Cámara Andrés Segovia, Orquesta Filarmonía, Banda Municipal de Bilbao, etc.
As soloist, he has performed with the Symphonieorchesters der RSH Düsseldorf, the Jove Orquestra de la Generalitat Valenciana (JOGV), the Orquestra Simfònica l' Om de Picassent, the Orquesta del Conservatorio Profesional de Música de Getafe... and ofered recitals in concert halls like the Tonhalle in Düsseldorf (Germany), Palau de la Música de Valencia, Moeser Auditorium – University of North Carolina (USA), North Carolina Museum of Arts Raleigh (USA), Théâtre du Casino in Evian-Les-Bains (France), Auditorium Louis Vuitton Fondation (France), Teatre-Auditori de la Vila-Joiosa, etc.
As a composer, he has served as Composer in Residence with the Young National Orchestra of Spain (JONDE, 2012, 2016), the Pòdium Matadepera (Barcelona, 2018) and the Festival dels Horts (Valencia, 2019). He received commissions from the Young National Orchestra of Spain and the Ministry of Culture and Education, the SGAE/AEOS Foundation - Bilbao Symphony Orchestra, the National Institute of Performing Arts and Music INAEM, L'Orchestre Parfum (Paris), Antara Korai Choral Group, the Central Fallera Board of Valencia, the Cor Valencià of Clarinets, Montserrat Town Hall, or the Bilbao Municipal Txistularis Band - BilbaoMusika, among others.
His works have been performed internationally in notable venues and at major universities and conservatories, such as the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill (USA), Carnegie Mellon University School of Music in Pittsburg (USA), Cité de la Musique (Paris), Fondation Louis Vuitton (Paris), Auditorio Nacional de Música de Madrid, Palau de la Música de Valencia, Palau de la Música Catalana, Teatro Monumental de Madrid, Palacio Euskalduna de Bilbao, Palacio de la Ópera de A Coruña, Auditorio de la Diputación de Alicante ADDA, Musiekgebouw aan´t IJ (Amsterdam), Bernard Haitinkzaal (Amsterdam), University of Caldas (Colombia), Palais Wittgenstein (Düsseldorf, Germany), Teatros el Canal de Madrid...
As a composer, he has collaborated with renowned soloists and ensembles, such as Gautier Capuçon (international soloist), Gábor Tarkövi (solo trumpet of the Berliner Philharmoniker), the Galician Symphony Orchestra OSG, Radio Televisión Española Symphony Orchestra RTVE, Bilbao Symphony Orchestra BOS, Orquestra Simfònica del Vallès OSV, Spanish Brass, Contemporary Ensemble of Carnegie Mellon, European Union Youth Orchestra EUYO, JONDE Academy of Contemporary Music, Collegium Instrumentale de Valencia, members of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, UNC Wind Ensemble (USA), Banda Sinfónica Municipal de Madrid, Banda Municipal de Valencia, Banda Municipal de Bilbao, Banda Municipal de Albacete, Banda Municipal de Castellón, Banda Municipal de Almería, etc.
His compositions are published by Scomegna Edizioni Musicali (Italy), Gérard Billaudot Éditeur (France), Piles, OmnesBands, DASÍ-Flautas Ediciones, Ediciones Tot per l’aire, SB Edicions and JMC Ediciones.
He has been awarded with 27 international composition, cello and chamber music awards:
- November 2005: awarded with the 3rd prize at the 6th Choral Composition Contest "Villa de Getafe".
- May 2006: 1st prize at the VIII Chamber Music Contest "Hazen".
- November 2007: 1st prize at the 8th Choral Composition Contest "Ciudad de Getafe".
- February 2008: 2nd prize in the Composition Contest for Marchas Moras “150 Aniversari dels Moros Grocs“ de Castalla (Alicante).
- April 2008: finalist and Audience Award at the 1st Contest of Música Festera Compositions "Ciutat de València".
- July 2008: 1st prize ex aequo at the 10th International Composition Contest "Salvador Seguí" of the International Chamber Music Week in Montserrat (Valencia).
- September 2008: finalist and Audience Award in the 14th Contest of Música Festera Compositions of Callosa d'en Sarrià.
- April 2009: 1st prize in the 2nd Contest of Música Festera Compositions "Ciutat de València".
- November 2009: 1st prize in the 10th Choral Composition Contest "Ciudad de Getafe".
- June 2010: 1st Prize "Fallera Major de Valencia 2010" at the 13th National Composition Contest of Pasodobles Falleros.
- April 2011: awarded in the 9th International Composition Contest for Orchestra "Andrés Gaos" of the Diputación de A Coruña.
- April 2012: 1st Prize in the IV International Composition Contest "Cittá di Sinnai" 2012 (Sardinia, Italy).
- May 2012: finalist in the International Composition Competition "25 Aniversario de la Orquestra Simfònica del Vallès".
- Juny 2012: Diploma di Merito in the XV "Torneo Internazionale di Musica" TIM (Rome, Italy).
- March 2013: nominated for the "Hollywood in Music Media Awards" (California, USA) for the "Contemporary Orchestral/Instrumental" category.
- June 2013: finalist and declared "Interest Piece" in the VII Amadeus International Choral Composition Contest.
- December 2013: Segnalazione all´unanimità in the XXIX Corciano International Composition Contest for Wind Band 2013 (Italy).
- April 2014: awarded in the "II Internationaler Knopf Wettberwerb" der Anton Rubinstein Akademie (Germany) in the "Violoncello" category.
- June 2014: finalist and declared "Interest Piece" in the VIII Amadeus International Choral Composition Contest.
- July 2014: Honorable Mention in the II Composition Competition "Premio Manuel Carrascosa" 2014 (Buñol, Valencia).
- November 2014: 2nd Prize ex aequo in the "Solist Schmolz+Bickenbach Wettbewerb" of Düsseldorf 2014 (Germany).
- December 2014: winner of the "II Premio Talento Joven de la Comunidad Valenciana" in the "Culture" category, sponsored by Levante-EMV and Bankia.
- March 2016: 1st Prize in the III International Composition Contest for Youth Wind Band "Música Jove" 2016 (Valencia).
- April 2016: 1st Prize Violoncello and Special Prize in the International Music Competition "eMuse" 2016 (Greece).
- April 2016: Diploma "Rising Star" Award by the International Association of Art "The Muse" Athens (Greece).
- June 2018: Honorary Diplom in the Leopold Auer Composers Competition 2018 (Russia).
- June 2019: 1st Prize in the III Contest of Música Festera Compositions of Almoradí.